[Mediawiki-l] Template problem: Sometimes some aren't working anymore.

Denise Signer denise.signer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 10:05:25 UTC 2007

Hi!

I noticed this problem one or two days ago. It seems like all of a sudden,
some or even all templates in my wikis aren't working anymore. I updated one
wiki to MediaWiki 1.9.0 a week ago and yesterday I updated another one to
1.9.1. I didn't come around updating the other wikis, which are still
running on MediaWiki 1.7.1. All wikis have the same problem and all wikis
have ParserFunctions installed. I'm on a shared hosting, so I don't know if
some server software has been updated.

Example pages:

MediaWiki 1.9.1:
http://fi.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Etusivu <- {{NUMBEROFARTICLES}} and a template
on the bottom of the page not working
http://fi.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/User:Denise <- two templates not working,
others are

MediaWiki 1.9.0:
http://de.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Benutzer:Denise <- big mess, some templates
seem to be working, others aren't
http://de.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Jesus-Wiki:Über_Jesus-Wiki<http://de.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Jesus-Wiki:%C3%9Cber_Jesus-Wiki><-
Templates on top and bottom not working
http://de.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Jesus-Wiki:Aktuelles <- {{SITENAME}} not
working on navigation bar and on browser title bar

MediaWiki 1.7.1:
http://media.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Main_Page <- Language navigation on top not
working
http://media.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Jesus-Wiki_Media:Copyright_tags_visual <-
again, some templates are working, others aren't
http://media.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Category:Main_Category <- everything is
working here
http://meta.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Main_Page <-everything is working here
http://meta.jesus-wiki.org/wiki/Category:Main_Category <- template working
here too

Meta was first installed with MediaWiki 1.8.2 and then I went back to
1.7.1because of the PHP
5.2 problem. Media was wirst installed with 1.6.8, so maybe there's a
problem there... All wikis except Meta were first installed before PHP 5 and
MySQL 5. When I update the wikis, I go through the whole installation
process every time.

Server info:
OS: Linux
Apache 1.3.36 (Unix)
PHP 5.2.0
MySQL 5.0.27-standard
PERL 5.8.7 (in case PERL if of relevance...)

Could you please help me? I don't know much about these things, so I need
your help...
Thank you!

GBY! Denise