[Mediawiki-l] Namespace recommendations for using MW in universitycourses

Serých Jakub Serych at panska.cz
Thu Jan 25 08:23:01 UTC 2007

Hi,
I use MW on our highschool for course materials. MW is used just for
theorethical learning materials (something like interactive textbook). For
other type of courseware (projects, tests, discussions, homeworks etc.) we
use Moodle system. The problem of such server is, that it has very small
number of articles compared to for example wikipedia. So the search tool,
which works perfectly in wikipedia doesn't work good in such environment. My
solution are categories. On the main portal I have links to all courses
taught on our school, and these are just simple categories. When I write new
article, I just add the right course categories, so it is registered in the
apropriate courses. It seems to me much easier and better organised than the
idea of namespaces.  If you would like to look at the pages, it is
http://panwiki.panska.cz and http://panmood.panska.cz, but it is just in
Czech language. (It was installed autumn 2006, so it is not very filled with
the materials yet.)

Jakub Serych