[Mediawiki-l] Installation help

Milarsky, Jeremy JMilarsky at sun-sentinel.com
Mon Jan 22 20:52:28 UTC 2007

Thanks again to all. I was able to find the solution (or, more accurately, a
clue to getting at the solution) in a PHP forum.

For those who are curious, the critical module for working with PHP and
MySQL under my specific setup (again, WinXP, IIS 5.1, PHP 5.2.0, MySQL 5.1)
is, in fact, a little file called libMySQL.dll ...

This file comes with MySQL, and actually lives in the MySQL/debug (there is
a version in the MySQL/bin folder, too -- but it's an older version and
didn't work for me -- that was what was frustrating my efforts so)
directory. Furthermore, you must make sure you have the most current version
of it (mine is approx. 2.49 megs in size ... the bad version is 1.49
megs)...

Thanks again to Arthur and Jason for their suggestions. It does seem like my
problem was pretty configuration-specific, so I'm not sure whether this
solution will be of use to others -- hopefully it will. Thanks again.

- Jeremy Milarsky
Sun-Sentinel
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.