[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki unfriendly to word Python?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 04:20:08 UTC 2007

When trying to edit wiki.lspace.org (I'm an end user, I don't run it),
I ran into a "406 Not Acceptable" error when editing a page.

In the Sandbox, I narrowed it down: the phrase "Python (who)" (or even
"Python and" or "Python x") is sufficient, by itself, to cause the
error.

Why, and what's the workaround? I tried "!Python (who)", but had the
same problem.

I'm guessing Python is being interpreted as the programming language,
and "Python x" is trying to run the Python command x or something? Is
there a way to turn off this "feature"? If not, how can I escape the
word "Python" so that I can use it on the wiki page?

Is this issue specific to wiki.lspace.org? Specific to Bad Behavior,
which wiki.lspace.org uses?