[Mediawiki-l] exporting for post-processing

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Fri Jan 19 12:53:11 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

A few of my colleagues are working on a user manual for a software
application, and they agree that a wiki might be very beneficial for
their collaborative effort.
However, there is one major concern:

After composing the text and inserting screenshots, there would have to
be some "post-processing"; e.g. add a nice-looking cover page, table of
contents, headers and footers for each page etc. Nothing too fancy, just
basic stuff that can be done in any word processor (i.e. Microsoft Word
or OpenOffice.org Writer).
I know that wiki pages can be exported as XML, but converting those to
OpenDocument, for example, is certainly beyond our capabilities.