[Mediawiki-l] AJAX and Error 500

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Thu Jan 18 19:14:33 UTC 2007

Rob Church wrote:
> On 18/01/07, Jan <2036 at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Error: 500 Internal Server Error
>> Parser::replaceInternalLinks: $this->mTitle is null
>>
>> Whats wrong?
>
> The experimental AJAX search feature has had this bug for some time.
> Rumour has it that it's been fixed in trunk, but it might be the case
> that we'll want to rip it out and approach it fresh.
>
> Having said that, Hashar's been poking it a bit, I think, so it might
> be up to a usable standard again now.

The patch is in r19034 that did not make it in REL1_9 branch. I
backported with r19460. Hopefully it will be available in 1.9.1 unless
there is a serious flaw I am not aware of and the release manager find it :)

The problem was that the ajax search function parse the search term
enclosed in [[]]. This way if someone is looking for 'foobar' and there
is a 'foobar' article, it can click it directly. The problem is that the
parser actually need a title to work with which was never created.

The command to grab the patch for a 1.9.0 installation is (all on one
line) :

svn diff http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki@19033
http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki@19034

cheers,