[Mediawiki-l] New mediawiki diff and blamemap extension is live

Roman Nosov rnosov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:57:57 UTC 2007

Hello everyone

Back in the summer I did a small demo that allowed tracking
contributions. It was quite slow and UTF-8 incompatible.
So I'm pleased to announce that after some optimization and rewriting
it in C I've managed to implement UTF-8 support and substantially
increase performance. At the moment it is several times faster than
current wikidiff2 extension (C++ version) and has peak throughput of
around 3 mb/s.
You can take a look at live demo.
Sample blamemap:

Can track even a single character change:

Handles text swap:

I've plugged it into mediawiki code so at the moment every article and
talk page is having credits section and corresponding blamemap. At the
moment in order to use this you'll have to have root access to the
server and some changes to the mainline code and database will be
needed. If you're interested in testing this extension drop me a line.

Best regards

More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list