[Mediawiki-l] Batch upload images to MediaWiki via RoboHelp 2 MediaWiki

JK theplanner at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 02:09:02 UTC 2007

I understand several people over time have requested
to batch upload images to MediaWiki.   When we
designed our RoboHelp2Wiki extension we used a
separate option to upload images primarily to save
testing time and possible some bandwidth.  I validated
the separate image upload option and was able to
upload 500 test images (various sizes) in a few
minutes. Your speed
will vary.

To duplicate:

1. Download the RoboHelp2Wiki MediaWiki extension

We recently posted a MediaWiki extension,
RoboHelp2Wiki to upload RoboHelp topics and images.

@
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:RoboHelp2Wiki

2. Make sure all images must have unique names.

3. Place all image files in a single sub-directory
under the working directory named images

4. At the command line type:   java -jar
RoboHelp2Wiki.jar <workingDirectory> image

Hope this helps!

Jason