[Mediawiki-l] New account confirmation email err msg

Robin Faichney robin at robinfaichney.org
Mon Jan 15 13:50:55 UTC 2007

When a new account is created on my wiki, MW 1.9.0, PHP5, MySQL4, this
message appears:

---
Login successful
Could not send confirmation mail. Check address for invalid characters.

Mailer returned: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment
variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used
any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most
likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London'
for '0.0/no DST' instead
---

There are no invalid characters in the email address. In fact, on one
occasion at least, the confirmation email was received. Relevant
settings are:

$wgEnableEmail      = true;
$wgEnableUserEmail  = true;
$wgEnotifUserTalk = true; # UPO