[Mediawiki-l] Email notifications

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 22:08:14 UTC 2007

On 14/01/07, Serguei Pronkine <pronkine at krikri.de> wrote:
> Hello guys,
> ich have installed Mediawiki-1.6.5. Since some time email notification
> does not work any more on user registration, password change or page
> watch. How can I debug Mediawiki to see whats wrong?

First, upgrade to 1.6.9, which contains important security upgrades.

Second, check that you haven't accidentally disabled the options in
LocalSettings.php and that the preferences are set. Note that you
won't be emailed when a user registers unless using the NewUserNotif
extension, and that a newly registered user won't be emailed unless
email address authentication is switched on. No-one is emailed on
password changes, so perhaps you mean lost passwords? No-one is
emailed on page watches, so perhaps you mean "when a watched page is
changed"?

I'd start checking the various error logs - PHP, mail transfer agent,
etc. to track down the problem.

Rob Church