[Mediawiki-l] Error msgs in 1.9.0 + semediawiki prob

Markus Krötzsch mak at aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jan 14 17:16:26 UTC 2007

[Note that Semantic MediaWiki has a dedicated support mailing list at
semediawiki-users at lists.sourceforge.net. I suggest to use this list for
further discussions.]

On Sunday 14 January 2007 12:38, Robin Faichney wrote:
> I tried to install the SemanticMediaWiki extension v0.6 (current) on
> 1.9.0 and got the same symptom as I reported with a vanilla
> installation of 1.8.2 in the thread Empty pages..., ie just HTML head
> and body tags with no content.

From our prior experience, (partially) empty pages often result from PHP
running out of memory (which, in this case, is not really SMW-specific). Try
to set """ini_set( 'memory_limit', '20M' );""" in your LocalSettings.php.

> Rob Church advised in that thread to try setting $wgDisableCounters =
> true; so I tried that in this situation, despite the fact that what
> that was intended to work-around was supposedly fixed in 1.9.0. But I
> got a result: with that in place I got the error message:
>
> Fatal error: Class 'SMW_LanguageEn' not found in
> C:\Domains\intersp.org\wwwroot\extensions\SemanticMediaWiki\includes\SMW_Gl
>obalFunctions.php on line 136

Said class is defined in a file that is included at run-time (depending on
your language setting). The "missing" class is included at runtime just a few
lines before the problematic line 136 -- maybe the inclusion fails due to
memory problems. Otherwise, you can check whether your file
<SMW>/languages/SMW_LanguageEn.php is in a healthy condition.

Good luck.

Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe