[Mediawiki-l] Wiki sitting behind a corporate firewall issues

David_S_Green at Dell.com David_S_Green at Dell.com
Thu Jan 11 19:55:04 UTC 2007

Any ideas out there? I've tried about everything I know (heh, which
isn't much I admit).

I've even scoured the Web for articles on anything similar.

A bit more of my example below...I can put RSS feeds from our Intranet
into the GISWiki/RSS Sample page, so I know the extension is working,
but when I try to pull an external RSS feed, I get error messages.

This along with a couple of other issues leads me to believe that these
extensions aren't able to get beyond our firewall. The way we normally
get through it is by providing the proxy address and port at which point
it needs a username and password.

So, my question basically is...Is there are way in MediaWiki to provide
this data? Or is there something I need to do at the web server level
(Apache)? Either way, does anyone know how to do either of these, if it
is possible? Or am I off my rocker here, and it is actually some other
issue?

Thanks,
Dave