[Mediawiki-l] calendaring and scheduling with MediaWiki

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 11 14:51:17 UTC 2007

> I used
> Christof Damian's calendar extension for displaying.
> I now have settled on a predefined 'article' format for the individual days.
> Then I wrote a Perl script (I am more comfortable with Perl than with
> PHP) that will check each day's article and notify me when an
> 'appointment' is due.

Hans, do you still have this Perl script? Would you mind sharing it - I
would love to take a look at it!
It'd be really awesome to have a reminder of upcoming or imminent events
on the main page of the wiki, but I'm excited to see how your reminder
system works.

btw: Do you happen to know whether the Calendar extension works
flawlessly with MW v1.9? (I believe there were some issues with MW
v1.8.2 before, so I'd rather ask before breaking anything... )

Thanks!

-- F.