[Mediawiki-l] External authentication and RSS.

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 11 14:22:30 UTC 2007

      Hi,

      New list member here.  Been using MediaWiki for a while now.  If
this isn't the list to ask this would someone please direct me to the
proper list?  Thank you.

      First, is there any way to use an external user authentication
system in MediaWiki.  In our case the linux authentication controled
by /etc/nsswitch.conf.

      Second, is there any way to have an RSS feed either in to or out
of MediaWiki?  I'm thinking of watchlist info for example out going or
a CNN feed incoming?

      Thank you.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |God stand between you and harm in all the empty
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |places where you must walk. old Egyptian blessing