[Mediawiki-l] [OT] Terminology: Wikis vs. WikiWikiWebs

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Wed Jan 10 23:03:24 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 05:42, Fernando Correia wrote:
> My first impression of MediaWiki was that it was too complex for the
> needs of a medium-sized corporation. I selected MoinMoin because it is
> also very good and has less infrastructure requirements.
>
> Now in other job I'm using MediaWiki and I found out that it is not
> too complex after all, that it is very mature and, above all, that its
> extensibility is very good.
>
> I'd settle for MediaWiki, even for a 1-person wiki... :-)

I second you there. I saw MediaWiki, it looked nice and all but seemed too
complex and inflexible... but it had a couple of features I wanted, so I dug
on the code... Surprise, I found out that it is actually extremely simple and
flexible (even if I don't know a lot of php) :D. I like it, I felt great
adapting it, and now I just wish I could get one of my changes commited (or
help of some dev to see if I did something wrong), but I won't be bothering
anyone with that 'till 1.9 is out.

--
Luis Zarrabeitia
Fac. de Matemática y Computación, UH.