[Mediawiki-l] upgrading to 1.9

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 17:47:15 UTC 2007

On 10/01/07, Thomas, Arjun <Arjun.Thomas at ps.net> wrote:
>    was wondering, would it make sense to upgrade my software to 1.9 now?
> or wait till a stable release is out ? If i should wait.. does anyone
> know when this might be?

Well, if you have the luxury of a spare database, you could make a
copy of it, and use the copy to run 1.9.0rc2 for testing. This
benefits both of us; you get to see that everything will work when the
upgrade rolls around, and we'll hear about any problems you incur.

On the other hand, you may wish to upgrade straight to the release
candidate. And since those are coming out, I would suggest you
consider the 1.9.0 release somewhat imminent.

Rob Church

More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list