[Mediawiki-l] Need Idea to replace "_" in Username/Script or anything else?

Jens softraid at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 10 11:36:50 UTC 2007

Hi,
im sorry that i wrote again with this problem.
I became this on my last request.
------------
MediaWiki does not support underscores in usernames.
------------

OK, but we need it because its an internal Userdb and with Version 1.5.8. MW
works.
Now i have an idea, but i dont no how to do it....is it possible.

We have a POP-tunnel to an authentication server.
function authenticate( $username, $password ) {
                return imap_open("{10.131.XX.XX/POP3:110}", $username,
$password );
                }

Is it possible to (like a smal shell-script) replace $username temp. in the
MyAuth.php?
We redirect in LocalSettings.php
require_once( 'extensions/MyAuthPlugin.php' );