[Mediawiki-l] Template title case-sensitivity: bug or feature?

Jeff Lane jeffl at valvesoftware.com
Wed Jan 10 02:32:41 UTC 2007

> > One thing I discovered is that template usages in 1.8.2 and
> 1.9.0 now
> > require correctly matching title case. This was not the
> case in 1.4.12.
>
> I'm quite sure this has *always* been the case.
>
> MediaWiki doesn't have any sort of case-insensitive title matching
> (except for the first letter when set to capitalize titles,
> as default).

Hmm, this is very odd.

This template:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Template:KV_Targetname
is used as {{kv_targetname}}
On this page: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Path_corner (under
the "Keyvalues" section).

And it works. We have a large number of other links on the server that
are also this way.

On the 1.9 test server, the above link is broken until I switch it to
{{KV Targetname}}.

Production server:
    MediaWiki (http://wikipedia.sf.net/): 1.4.12
    PHP (http://www.php.net/): 4.3.10-18 (apache)
    MySQL (http://www.mysql.com/): 4.0.24_Debian-10sarge2-log

And (I believe) Apache 1.333. I can't check easily at the moment.