[Mediawiki-l] Quote Box

Sandy Rozhon srozhon at oh.rr.com
Tue Jan 9 19:58:58 UTC 2007

I am trying to set up a style for a bordered box that will hold
quoted material followed by the book title and author.  I want the
quoted material to be in italics but for some reason, the Wiki isn't
seeing things my way.  Here's a sample, maybe someone can tell me
where I've gone wrong?

I suspected it has something to do with the actual use of quotemarks
that is breaking the css styling.  Please note that I started out
with the convential use of bracketing the text in triple single-
quotes before experimenting with the text-style:italic.  Neither one
gives me what I want.  Then I removed the quotemarks bracketing the
material I wanted quoted just to make sure those marks weren't the
problem.  That produced no change, either.

This is coded right into a Wiki page and not currently a part of my
Wiki's stylesheet:

size:80%;border:1px solid #a3bfb1;text-
align:left;color:#000;padding:0.8em 0.8em;">
and should appear in italics."</p>
--BOOK TITLE by The Distinguished Author's Name

Sandy