[Mediawiki-l] inclusion of content from arbitrary URLs?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Mon Jan 8 16:27:04 UTC 2007

A while back I read Thomas Gries' paper

  Getlets: extending the interwiki concept beyond any limits

  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Transwiki:Wikimania05/Workshop-TG3

and was quite intrigued by the idea.  Since then, I have used the
TWiki facility for arbitrary URL inclusion to (for example) use a
PHP script to generate content for TWiki pages.

However, the Getlets page on SourceForge

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/getlets/

doesn't contain any content, so I'm not sure how to proceed in using
this sort of technique in MW.  Is there a facility for arbitrary URL
inclusion in MW?  Pointers and suggestions welcome...

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com