[Mediawiki-l] "Error in fetchObject(): Got error 1 from storage engine"

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sun Jan 7 21:35:22 UTC 2007

We're running a Mac mini with Mac OS X Tiger (home, not "server")
as (among other things) our web server.  It runs PHP 4.4.4 and
we have upgraded to MediaWiki 1.6.8.  We migrated from FreeBSD 4.7,
where MediaWiki ran fine.

Unfortunately, we're having problems in migrating MediaWiki.  If we
load in a fresh copy of MW, we get no errors.  However, if we shut
things down, copy over the MySQL database directories from the old
box, and restart things, we get:

  Error in fetchObject(): Got error 1 from storage engine

  Backtrace:

    * GlobalFunctions.php line 451 calls wfbacktrace()
    * Database.php line 520 calls wfdebugdiebacktrace()
    * GlobalFunctions.php line 322 calls wfmsggetkey()
    * GlobalFunctions.php line 288 calls wfmsgreal()
    * index.php line 77 calls wfmsgforcontent()

Suggestions?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com