[Mediawiki-l] probably the wrong listserve

Richard Freeman rfbree at montana.com
Sun Jan 7 18:54:03 UTC 2007

Hello, may I interrupt with one last inquiry.  I'm seeing that is list
is geared for the more advanced wiki user -- clearly the wrong place for
the newbe -- so I'll unsubscribe soon after receiving responses to this
missive.  With that noted, could someone in the community/forum please
point me to a good written guide on learning to use mediawiki from a
beginner's stand point?  Thanks in advance! -- RF

PS, I'm a highly-motivated self-learner, so I won't be wasting your
time, and I have good experience teaching myself to use complicated
software.

PSS, encouraging newbees from outside the circumscribed field of current
MediaWiki users (and Mediawiki-l members) might be beneficial, in the
sense that you would bring new problem-solvers into the fold, perhaps
spawning some creative solutions not otherwise fielded.  I hypothesize
that within a short time-frame, the quality of the additional voices
would exceed the (initial) noise we would bring to the forum.

--
Dr. Richard Freeman
Comprehensive Forestry and Land-Use Planning

Watershed Planning
Forest Assessment and Restoration
Fuels Management
Wildlife Habitat Improvement
Recreation and Natural Interpretation Planning
Eco-Wise Residential Planning

M.S., Environmental Studies     Ph.D., Forest Management