[Mediawiki-l] primitive user question in regard to choosing software

Richard Freeman rfbree at montana.com
Fri Jan 5 22:11:23 UTC 2007

Please excuse an elementary question.  I'm at the beginning of a project
that will require a wiki (or other editable web-page).  Eventually we
would like to be able to link to various data-bases -- though we're not
sure which data-base approach we'll go for.  (Whatever is compatible
with the GIS we're using, which will be Manifold System).  We would also
like to link with PDF files and with Word and similar file formats.  Is
this possible with Wikimedia?  In general, are these objectives mutually
feasible?

Again, excuse the level of the question.  I'm just diving into all this
(understanding servers, wiki, spatial sql, vbscript, currently).  Any
help I would appreciate greatly! -- Richard Freeman

--
Dr. Richard Freeman
Comprehensive Forestry and Land-Use Planning

Watershed Planning
Forest Assessment and Restoration
Fuels Management
Wildlife Habitat Improvement
Recreation and Natural Interpretation Planning
Eco-Wise Residential Planning

M.S., Environmental Studies     Ph.D., Forest Management