[Mediawiki-l] download mediawiki 1.9

Thomas, Arjun Arjun.Thomas at ps.net
Fri Jan 5 05:21:23 UTC 2007

will do, and thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org]On Behalf Of Rob Church
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:48 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] download mediawiki 1.9

On 04/01/07, Thomas, Arjun <Arjun.Thomas at ps.net> wrote:
> hi,
>         where can i download the latest version ( 1.9 ) of mediawiki
> from? Is there a direct link anywhere?

MediaWiki 1.9 branch has not been released as stable at present; see
the top of
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.6#MediaWiki_1.6.0
for information on our continuous integration development cycle.

The exact date for release of 1.9.0 is up to Brion, who doubles as our
release engineer, but expect it some time this month.

For the adventurous, the bleeding-edge version of MediaWiki can be
checked out of Subversion and run, however, please read and understand
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Important_Release_Notes#MediaWiki_1.9
before doing so.

Rob Church