[Mediawiki-l] Commercial MedaiWiki hosting?

Roger Chrisman roger at rogerchrisman.com
Thu Jan 4 04:57:36 UTC 2007

Anyone happy with your commercial MediaWiki Web host?

Recommendations?

Dreamhost.com virtual hosting, $7.95/month, where I host my MediaWiki
has frequent sluggish spells. I suspect the MySQL server is bogged down
by too many other virtual host customers (my wiki only gets a few hits
a minute, itself) and the overextended MySQL server is causing the wiki
to serve pages in 2-8 second instead of the 1-2 seconds that is
acceptable to normal website visitors. Normal people such as I'd like
Wikigogy to serve just wont wait more than 2 seconds to view a page. So
I need to find a faster MedaiWiki hosting solution. The slow down is on
again off again -- site is fine for a day or more and then everything
slows down again. It just wont do for my project.

I'd love to hear from anyone who is using a commercial full MedaiWiki
Web host, on a virtual Web hosting account or otherwise, and is happy
with it.

Thanks!
--
Roger Chrisman  :-)          http://Wikigogy.org      -
         wiki for teachers of English as a second or foreign language