[Mediawiki-l] Free and ad-free mediawiki hosting anywhere?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 00:48:55 UTC 2007

Does anyone offer free *and ad-free* mediawiki hosting? My project is
fairly fannish, so it wouldn't qualify for sf.net free hosting (for
example).

I'm currently using awardspace.com, which is free and ad-free, but
only runs PHP 4.4.1.

If I'm forced to stick with awardspace.com, what's the last version of
mediawiki that will still work with PHP 4 (specifically PHP 4.4.1)?

I do realize other wikis work with PHP 4, but I'm hooked on mediawiki :)