[Mediawiki-l] computer readable list of pages in category

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 12:33:07 UTC 2007

On 02/01/07, Ittay Dror <ittayd at qlusters.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to get a list of all pages in a category so it is computer readable?

You want a raw list of all members in a category? That's simple enough
- I would write a special page extension which basically disables the
standard OutputPage and just echoes everything in plain text.

You could, of course, go for something fancier - e.g. XML. I have a
strong suspicion that the BotQuery framework can handle this, as well
as the MediaWiki API itself in newer versions of the software.

Rob Church