[Mediawiki-l] migrating content from FrontPage to Wiki

Sterling D. Allan sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com
Mon Jan 1 20:11:22 UTC 2007

My company has a large website (FreeEnergyNews.com) that has directory pages that we want to migrate over to our wiki site (PESWiki.com) so that they can be collaboratively developed.  It is very tedious to have to copy the text and the links, save down the images, upload the images at PESWiki.  It would be nice if there were a way to import the images as a set, for example.  Alternatively, we could just call for the images from FreeEnergyNews.com.  I like to right-justify the images next to a bullet item.  I suppose we could create a table, putting the image in the right-hand cell, and the text in the left, but that gets pretty tedious too.

Might there be a faster way to import the content from pages, including the images?

FreeEnergyNews is administered via FrontPage.  PESWiki uses the mediawiki set-up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks