[Mediawiki-l] Recent PHP upgrade killed Mediawiki?

Kasimir Gabert kasimir.g at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 02:40:51 UTC 2007

Hello Tim,

A segmentation fault normally means that the program is trying to
access a part of your RAM which does not exist.

If the server can afford to be done for a bit of time (transfer
everything over to another temporarily, or something similar), I would
run Memtest86+ on it.

I hope that this helps,
Kasimir

On 1/1/07, Matt <datahead4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are using any MediaWiki extensions, I would start by disabling
> those first to see if it fixes it.  I've seen at least one issue that
> threw the same error and ended up being an incompatible extension.
>
> On 1/1/07, Tim Hogan <tim at hoganzoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I run a mediawiki v1.8.2 on a FreeBSD box and it has been working fine
> > for a while now.  I recently updated the ports on FreeBSD which means
> > that apache, php, php modules, and a few other things were updated and
> > from that time forward mediawiki stopped working, I just get a blank
> > page.  What is strange is that all of my other php application still
> > work, mediawiki is the only application that stopped working.
> >
> > The only thing that I can find is this error in apaches logs;
> >
> > [Sat Dec 30 01:55:17 2006] [error] [client 10.1.1.58] PHP Fatal error:
> > Cannot access protected property DatabaseMysql::$mOut in
> > /data/webapps/mediawiki-1.8.2/includes/Database.php on line 415
> >
> > [Sat Dec 30 02:09:44 2006] [notice] child pid 15919 exit signal
> > Segmentation fault (11)
> > [Sat Dec 30 02:09:44 2006] [notice] child pid 15917 exit signal
> > Segmentation fault (11)
> >
> > Any Ideas as to what happened?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tim