[Mediawiki-l] Problem with editing section and page repositioning after edit

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 21:31:36 UTC 2007

On 27/02/07, Gunter <News2006 at freenet.de> wrote:
> Now the user edits the second "subheading 1" of the article. After
> saving, the page is repositioned at the first "subheading 1".

Sounds like a known bug to me, but I can't remember the number..

> Any way to prevent this, maybe with not displaying / not printing
> characters?

I suppose one approach would be to define two kinds of anchors; the
friendlier, textual kind, and a numbered anchor, e.g. "sectionXX",
which the edit page could redirect back to.

Are duplicate anchor names allowed in the XHTML spec we're using? I
would have thought not...

Rob Church