[Mediawiki-l] Include comments for editors in import?

Paul Coghlan pcoghlan at usa.net
Mon Feb 26 23:07:31 UTC 2007

I am trying to include within an import (using Special:Import) some text for
editors, below:

<!-- list your name below this line -->

It is guidance to help users know where to input their names into a 3 column
table. Unfortunately although everything else imports fine this text
disappears. I am assuming Mediawiki ignores it?

Is there a way to present text for editors that does not appear on the page
but can be imported?

My only other idea which is a bit of a band aid is to create a template
called "Put your name of the next line down"! I would put only a single
space character into the page.

It would appear as {{Put your name of the next line down}} in the markup but
nothing would appear on the page itself.

Paul