[Mediawiki-l] Forcing Category updates?

Joe Keenan jkeenan at apple.com
Mon Feb 26 17:58:19 UTC 2007

I imported a large number of pages into a MediWiki 1.6.9 installation
(custom script that generated an XML file).  All of these pages use a
{{Template}} that generates multiple [[Category:XXXX]] tags.  The
Category:XXX pages don't show all the pages in the category, unless I
edit and save each page individual.  I guess whatever code that
inserts the Category links doesn't run on import, only on edit.

Is there any way to do a mass update of all pages to update all the
category links?

I tried running several of the scripts in the /maintenance directory,
but none of them seemed to have any effect.  In fact, none of them
seemed to do anything at all (returned immediately), so that's
probably an entirely different problem.

joe