[Mediawiki-l] More video stuff (Quicktime)...

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sat Feb 24 05:56:38 UTC 2007

> From: "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
>
> I know quite a few people whose personal website runs on MediaWiki
> just 'cos they can. They're the only editor and it's just a handy way
> of putting up nicely-formatted pages and resources without having to
> write HTML or work too hard.

If you only have "trusted" editors, the following is a raw HTML
extension, disguised as a QuickTime extension. But it is certainly
unsafe if you allow untrusted editors.

<?php
# QuickTime extension
# To use, include this file from your LocalSettings.php
# To configure, set members of $wgquicktimeSettings after the inclusion

class quicktimeSettings {
};
$wgquicktimeSettings = new quicktimeSettings;

$wgExtensionFunctions[] = 'wfQuickTimeExtension';

function wfQuickTimeExtension() {
	global $wgParser;
	$wgParser->setHook('QuickTime', 'renderQuickTime');
}

function renderQuickTime($quickTimeSrc, $style='') {
	return $quickTimeSrc;
}
?>

:::: This phase we're in of exponential growth is about over. We now
have an exponential growth culture that at the present time doesn't
even know how to cope with a state of non-growth. -- M. King Hubbert,
1976 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::