[Mediawiki-l] See all the Subcategories and correct article counts in Category Pages

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Fri Feb 23 01:27:57 UTC 2007

SplitCategoryPage.php has been placed as an experimental extension on
mediawiki.org

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SplitCategoryPage

It hooks the regular Category page and changes the display so that:
1) All subcategories are displayed and counted
2) The correct number of articles is displayed if the number is > 200

This is experimental because
a) it requires a minor hack of CategoryPage.php
b) it makes category pages slower
c) there has to be a better way to do this.
d) I'm not that good at coding (see c, above)

But I couldn't find anything that worked for me, and I needed it, so
I'm sharing with anyone who wants to try it.
Hoping it will be improved through the miracle of open source!
Jim Hu
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
2128 TAMU