[Mediawiki-l] sending new password as WikiSysop to a user

Achim Stumpf newgrp at gmx.net
Thu Feb 22 14:35:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have taken over as WikiSysop a already running wiki in my company.
Only the WikiSysop User is allowed to create new Accounts.

*  MediaWiki: 1.9.0
* PHP: 5.2.0 (apache2handler)
* MySQL: 5.0.27-standard-log

My email address is registered for the WikiSysop user. I am creating and
changing new passwords as described in the FAQ:

Go to Special:Userlogin, when logged in as a sysop. The link to this
page differs from language. Enter a username and an email address, and
click the "by email" button. The account will be created with a random
password which is then emailed to the given address.

When the user gets its new password via email, there is still mentioned
another email address as mine. How can I fix this, so that they get my
email address mailed, if they have any kind of problems???

Thanks,

Achim