[Mediawiki-l] Edit pages problem in MediaWiki

Jens Kocher jens.kocher at siemens.com
Tue Feb 20 15:17:09 UTC 2007

Dear all,

I'm currently using:

MediaWiki: 1.8.2
PHP: 5.0.5 (apache2handler)
MySQL: 5.0.18-nt* Hooks:
AutoAuthenticate: AutoAuth
PersonalUrls: KillLogout

I'm unable to edit pages in my Wiki. I always get the error message:

"This is only a preview; changes have not yet been saved!".

The page does not get saved.

I have tried out the following:
PHP Session path: I changed the session path to the correct one in the php.ini!
Group permissions: I changed the group permissions in the localsettings.php as
follows

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit']=false;
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['edit']=true;
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['createpage']=true;

So I don't know what else to check or to change...
Further on I cleared the browser cache...

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Regards,
Jens