[Mediawiki-l] Ability to create multiple wikis through SQL

Paul Coghlan pcoghlan at usa.net
Fri Feb 16 19:24:30 UTC 2007

After posting this at mediawiki.org and mwusers.com and receiving no replies
at all I will try here.

I am building a large Mediwiki site which will consist of about 40k pages,
all related through location.

The pages are structured/related and I have the source for the wiki
'skeleton' or schema and can massage it in Access/Excel/MySQL into any
required format for an import into Mediawiki.

For example:

Florida
+Miami
++South Beach
+++Restaurants
++++MyRestaurant
+++Bars
++++MyBar
+++Shopping
++++MyShop
++North Miami
+Fort Lauderdale
+Palm Beach
Georgia
+Atlanta

I think you get the idea!

What I am looking for is to import all of this into MW with some default
text which is identical for each wiki.

Is there a published format for this type of import?

Looking at the changes that exist in the database when I create a page
within Mediawiki itself there appear to be changes to multiple tables; page,
text, revision etc.

If someone can point me in the right direction I will publish to results of
the final solution as I feel there are a number of people looking for fast
wiki creation.

Thanks in advance for ANY input,
Paul