[Mediawiki-l] Security in Special Pages. How can be done?

Fernando Carpani - INCO carpani at fing.edu.uy
Thu Feb 15 22:41:10 UTC 2007

Hello.
I'm using PageSecurity on Mediawiki 1.9.1 with postgresql... and
works.... (to me :-) )
But, in my security scheme, I need public pages (readble for anonymous
user) and private pages (readable and writable for some groups). This
works OK with articles but I need control some special pages in the same
way. For example, Listuser... I don't want that an anonumous user can
see the user list... (or specialpages)...but  I want that some groups
(or logged users) can use this pages....

How can be done this things?

I'm learning about hooks, and extensions, but.... the hook apropiated
for that (until I can see... ) can restrict the list of  Special Pages
or  Query pages.... but if someone knows the url can execute them...
I suppose that can limit the link generation, but someone can invoque
the page with the URL....Obviously, I'm not an expert in PHP but... I'm
trying to learn :-)
Someone has any development over this things?  I'm undertstandig the
mechanism... or I'm loose in a sea of php files... I dont know? someone
can guide me?

Thanks.
Fernando Carpani
PS: Yes, I know.... I need to learn english... sorry :-)