[Mediawiki-l] email

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Wed Feb 14 13:52:00 UTC 2007

> [email and mailing lists] have a bottom-up approach and require the
> least effort.

I definitely agree with this assessment; it requires much less effort to
fire off an e-mail than to visit a website, possibly having to log in,
and then post content using some textfield...

> many open and active wikis will greatly benefit from this.
> many blogs are beginning to adopt the mail-to-blog feature.

... but I'm not sure that this concept could be applied to wikis.
After all, a blog (for example) is quite static, and content there can
easily be added without regard to any previously created postings.
A wiki, however, is the exact opposite; it is mostly dependent upon that
very content which already exists (and has probably been created by
other users than yourself).
I can't really think of an easy, non-complicated way to turn this into a
mail-based "workflow".

Nevertheless, if you can come up with a convincing concept for this, I'd
be very interested to hear about it!

Just my two cents...

-- F.