[Mediawiki-l] Installing 1.9.2 on Fedora Core 6

Kyle Strauss tomnook10 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 00:19:21 UTC 2007

Hey all!  I need some help installing v1.9.2 on my Fedora Core 6 computer
with XAMPP installed.  I fill out the install form and press install, and
the installer prints out all of the following lines, but does not finish.
Can anyone tell my why?

   - PHP 5.2.0 installed
   - Found database drivers for: MySQL PostgreSQL
   -  *Warning:* *PHP's
register_globals<http://php.net/register_globals>option is enabled.
Disable it if you can.
   *
   MediaWiki will work, but your server is more exposed to PHP-based
   security vulnerabilities.
   - PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php
   /Page_Title)
   - Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
   - PHP's memory_limit is 8M. *If this is too low, installation may
   fail!* Attempting to raise limit to 20M... ok.
   - Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
   - Couldn't find Turck MMCache <http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/>,
   eAccelerator <http://eaccelerator.sourceforge.net/> or
APC<http://www.php.net/apc>.
   Object caching functions cannot be used.
   - Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
   - Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be
   enabled if you enable uploads.
   - Found GD graphics library built-in.
   - Installation directory: /opt/lampp/htdocs/wiki/mediawiki-1.9.2
   - Script URI path: /wiki/mediawiki-1.9.2
   - Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
   -

   *Generating configuration file...*
   - Database type: MySQL
   - Attempting to connect to database server as root...success.
   - Connected to 5.0.27
   - Database wikidb exists
   - Creating tables... using MySQL 4 table defs...Query "CREATE TABLE
   `categorylinks` ( cl_from int(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', cl_to
   varchar(255) binary NOT NULL default '', cl_sortkey varchar(86) binary NOT
   NULL default '', cl_timestamp timestamp NOT NULL, UNIQUE KEY cl_from
   (cl_from,cl_to), KEY cl_sortkey (cl_to,cl_sortkey), KEY cl_timestamp
   (cl_to,cl_timestamp) ) TYPE=InnoDB " failed with error code "Specified key
   was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes (localhost)".