[Mediawiki-l] problem with installing mediawiki

wiki software wikisoftware at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:10:11 UTC 2007

wiki software wrote:
> hi
>   I am currently trying to install Mediawiki1.9.2 on Windows Server 2003.
> But it gives me the following error when i try to open the
config/index.php,

>    - PHP 5.1.6 installed Could not find a suitable database driver!
>       - For *MySQL*, compile PHP using *--with-mysql*, or install the
>       mysql.so module
>       - For *PostgreSQL*, compile PHP using *--with-pgsql*, or install
>       the pgsql.so module

>Set correct values in your php.ini you will need to uncomment
>"extension=php_mysql.dll" and set proper path of extension_dir

I have set the php.ini to have the extension mysql.dd, infact i have enabled
all the extensions with respect to database that i can find in the file.
Also i have set the extension to point to ext dir of php, still it gives me
same error.

Im using php 5.1.6 and tried both 5.0.24 and 4.1 of Mysql, both gives same
error.