[Mediawiki-l] (no subject)

Veronica Lopez Diaz ve-nokta at gmx.de
Fri Feb 9 12:29:26 UTC 2007

Hello Aretai,

First of all thank you very much for your answers.

>1) I don't know what are webs in Twiki?

Webs: Pages are grouped into TWiki webs (or collections). This allows you to set up separate collaboration groups.

>2) Check here: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Configuring_file_uploads

Thanks a lot, that really helped me!

>3) It depends whether your OS, etc. allows it. Otherwise yes check for the
>latest version.

We are using PHP: 5.1.4 so I would make sense I guess.
As I understood I just have to make a backup of the database, right? I was told to copy the data, wiki and w3svc7 files, in order to make the backup, is that correct?

>>5) If this is trusted environment usually no. If it's open to outside maybe
>>better to employ a good spambot (instead of correctin spam by yourself).

It is a trusted environment, I am only unsure, because I inherited this project, and now I am the only person taking care of it (maintenance, technically, etc) so I want to be sure, that I am not forgetting anything...

Thanks a lot again and kind regrads,

Veronica

Veronica Lopez Diaz
Knowledge Management Services