[Mediawiki-l] Memcached is the best solution ... WHY?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:45:54 UTC 2007

On 08/02/07, HeinzJ <h-j.luecking at t-online.de> wrote:
> Thanks Rob, but thats just a Link to "making of memcached". Did they
> wrote the caching features in Mediawki ? ;-) Or will they say "memcached
> is the best solution because its our solution" ? )-;.

MediaWiki can interact with memcached to store various bits and
pieces, such as the link cache, message cache, and parser caches; this
speeds up page views and various other operations quite a bit.

There's some documentation on Meta about caching strategies, but it's
fragmented all over the place and could be a bit out of date here and
there; best to search about for it.

Rob Church