[Mediawiki-l] Seeing all pages/random page meeting arbitrary criteria

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 03:30:46 UTC 2007

I'm a user on a MediaWiki where many of the pages are stubs. When I
hit "random page", I often get a stub, which is boring.

Is there any way to get a random non-stub page? Something like
Special:Random?category!=stub

More generally, given a set of criteria, is it possible to get all
pages matching those criteria? For example, can I see all pages that
are in both categories abc and def, but not in category ghi? Can I see
a random page that's in abc and def but not in ghi?

And in case I don't trust people to be marking stubs properly, how
about "all pages with more than 2000 bytes of text"?

Am I getting into SemanticWiki territory here?