[Mediawiki-l] API for posting to hosted wiki, how to?

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Sat Feb 3 02:39:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Seemingly there is no support for posting new articles via api.php
(yet). Too bad Yurik got stuck on EditPage.php, it seems to be a "hairy
ball" to swallow to fix that piece of code, especially for a newbie on
both MediaWiki and PHP like me. Hopefully someone is working on it though.

In the mean time, what would be the simplest way to enable api-like
posting on a hosted server?

I noticed that there's some sort of support for external browsers which
transfers data from local disk into the browser form and then submits
the text, but how was that done "under the hood"?

At first I only need a "quick and dirty" way to post on my own (hosted)
wikis. I would also have some use for a temp solution for use on my
local network machines (having a web of wikis to shuffle stuff between).
All suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa

PS: Btw, has the development on the "official api" stalled? (I really
would if I could, but cleaning up EditPage.php isn't exactly a
"starter"...).