[Mediawiki-l] Even with '*' upload permissions, anon users can't upload images

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Thu Feb 1 21:31:15 UTC 2007

I've modified my LocalConfig.php file to include the following at the
end (MediaWiki 1.6.8):

$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createpage']      = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createtalk']      = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['upload']      = true;

Also, the images directory and all directories/subdirs in it are fully
writable.

Even with this, MediaWiki says that you must be logged in to upload images.

Is there a php cache that needs to be cleared for the new settings to be
loaded? Or am I missing the effect of another setting.

Thanks,
Ken