[Mediawiki-l] StableVersion extension problem

John Moorhouse john.moorhouse at 3jays.me.uk
Thu Feb 1 16:46:07 UTC 2007

Pranav, did you get any solution to this as I've also hit the same problem with PHP 5.1.6 although I upgraded to 5.2.0 and now the error I'm getting is

*Catchable fatal error*:  Object of class ParserOutput could not be converted to string in *C:\Program Files\VertrigoServ\www\wiki_2_policy\includes\Parser.php* on line *2779

A general query on this is:

I'm in a bit of a quandary as there has been comment on the lists that an official version / variation of StableVersions as part of the next release MW1.10, and if it works in a different way then it might be better to wait for this rather than try to get the extension going, is there any further info on this in 1.10?

Ta

John

*
On 1/22/07, Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com <http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l>> wrote:
/>/ > Hello All,
/>/ >
/>/ > I recently read on this mailing list
/>/ > [http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2007-January/017269.html] <http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2007-January/017269.html%5D>
/>/ > about the StableVersion extension, and I think I may be able to make
/>/ > use of it. But I unable to get it to work.
/>/ >
/>/ > I installed it as mentioned in the mail with Mediawiki verison 1.8.2.
/>/ > I also checked on some of errors mentioned. When I try to make an
/>/ > article stable I get the following error:
/>/ >
/>/ > Warning: strcspn() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in
/>/ > <path>/wiki/includes/Parser.php on line 2558
/>/ >
/>/ > Fatal error: Cannot use object of type ParserOutput as array in
/>/ > <path>/wiki/includes/Parser.php on line 2560
/>/ >
/>/ > Also, its mentioned that this feature is going to be incorporated in
/>/ > the newer version of mediawiki. Do you know what version its going to
/>/ > be in, or is already in.
/>/ >
/>/ > I would appreciate any help or comments.
/>/
/>/ Sounds like the wrong PHP version?
/>/
/Here is my php version ...
PHP: 5.1.2 (cgi-fcgi)

I dont think I can change the php on the server, so how do I go about
fixing the problems.

Thanks

-- pranav