[Mediawiki-l] (no subject)

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:51:09 UTC 2007

On 01/02/07, Veronica Lopez Diaz <ve-nokta at gmx.de> wrote:
> 1) if there is anything similar to webs in Twiki, maybe an extension,
> or is it necessary to install another wiki, in order to get this
> functionality?

You'll need to describe what that is, for the benefit of those of us
who haven't been exposed to that particular feature before.

> 2) In our Wiki it is not possible to upload files of type pdf, ppt,
> xls or doc, but I read in this list, that it is possible (e.g Arne
> Bittig: Subject: [Mediawiki-l] Problem uploading certain files (blank
> upload form) How can these be enabled? Does this depend on the
> version, an extension, ...???

Read the FAQ.

> 3) Would you recommend us, to upgrade it to the latest version?

Yes; upgrade to at least 1.6.9 if running under PHP 4.4, or 1.9.1 if
running PHP 5.

> 4) Is it possible, to login to it via Single Sign On? Does anybody know an Extension for this?

Write an authentication plugin.

> 5) Is there anything special, I have to put attention over (Appart from Recent Changes)???

What's important to you about what happens on your wiki?

Rob Church