[Mediawiki-l] Basic skills

Nelson A Li nli at csc.com
Thu Dec 27 19:40:09 UTC 2007

Dave,

I am working behind company's firewall that is why I could not show you
what I have.  I just recieved some help from Courtney Christensen and have
the same question from both of your answers: how do I create a form with
textinput fields in this boilerplate page?  Do I use some kind of "nowiki'
or <pre> to escape and embed the html directly in the page?

I got some help from Professor Jim Hu before and played with TableEdit
extension.  It was a very nice extension but I just could not get rid off a
timing error message.  I may try to talk to him again.   But I need to
resolve the first basic thing first.

Nelson

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 2100 East Grand Avenue, El Segundo California 90245, USA
Registered in USA No: C-489-59

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

delivery.
purpose.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             "Dave Sigafoos"
             <davesigafoos at san
             mar.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "MediaWiki announcements and site
             mediawiki-l-bounc         admin list"
             es at lists.wikimedi         <mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
             a.org                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/27/2007 01:59          Re: [Mediawiki-l] Basic skills
             PM

             Please respond to
                 MediaWiki
             announcements and
              site admin list
             <mediawiki-l at list
             s.wikimedia.org>

You can create "boilerplate" pages with either extension Boilerplate or
BoilerplateSelection.

You might be able to use TableEdit extension for the tables.  It does
store the data in an external database and might be used.  You might
want to talk to the author (I think it was Jim Hu).

There might be a way to dynamically create a new "db" item for each new
page created.

DSig .. Just Chillin'