[Mediawiki-l] Server performance: Google is killing MediaWiki

Alejandro S‡ánchez Marín erchache2000 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 08:44:31 UTC 2007

This is usual with googlebot, people search via google and hit your
database directly.

What operating system do you have? And Mediawiki version?

If you have a upgraded operating system and software, you shouldn't have
problems.

How big is your database? If is bigger than 1 gb change myisam for
innodb, or if you have a lot of users, do it too.

A last way is to install squid on accel http mode between internet and
your apache site, with default parameters you can get at 30-40% increase
performance.

For testing you have mysql proxy a new tool to control mysql queries.

If you need more help or information, write me again.

Good luck.